Whitney Museum of American Art Jobs
Reporting to the Associate Director and Helena Rubinstein Chair of Education, the Director of Public Programs & Public Engagement will develop, plan, and implement all public programs, including artist-driven events, lectures and conversations, gallery talks, symposia, and courses.
This position is responsible for establishing an innovative program that articulates the Whitney Museum’s unique identity as the artist’s museum and furthers the Museum’s mission of bringing artists and the public together. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a deep knowledge of contemporary art and a familiarity with both emerging and established artists, writers, public intellectuals, and other key voices in contemporary art, politics, and culture.
- Develop and plan a robust and lively roster of programs for the current Whitney and for the Museum’s new building, opening in 2015.
- Build public engagement through challenging programs, which connect the Museum’s exhibitions and collections to the culture at large, and offer participants the opportunity to learn in participatory and experiential ways.
- Identify emerging trends in American art and culture and create a dynamic forum to explore these developments.
- Organize both large and smaller-scale events and programming for audiences of all ages, as well as for the Whitney’s more specialized audience of artists and the New York art world.
- Collaborate with artists and colleagues across the Museum.
- Explore opportunities to program off site, and in a variety of spaces in the Whitney’s new building: the lobby, indoor and outdoor galleries, the Museum’s public plaza and nearby street, as well as other spaces throughout the Museum.
- Oversee all aspects of program planning, administration and implementation, including program budgeting and supervising program staff and interns.
You might also like
Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania: Including its History, the Greensburg Downtown Historic District, the Westmoreland Museum of American Art, the St. Gertrude Roman Catholic Church, and More
Book (Earth Eyes Travel Guides)
How much are tickets to the whitney museum of american art in NYC | ChaCha
The adult admission to the Whitney Museum of American Art is $15.00. Thanks for using
What Is an Art Museum Marketing Job?
Staff in the museum marketing department plan unique marketing strategies to increase the museum's audience, outreach and funding.